Three cops suspended in Bengaluru for forcing youth to smoke ganja | Bengaluru News – Times of India

BENGALURU: A woman police inspector and two other cops attached to RMC Yard station were suspended on charges of forcing a youth to consume ganja and booking a criminal case against him. The youth, who reportedly pleaded with the cops not to coerce him to consume drugs, tried to end his life later but survived.
The suspended officers are inspector S Parvathamma, sub-inspector Anjinappa H M and constable Umesh. Preliminary probe revealed the cops tried to frame the youth to show they have been cracking down against drug peddlers. The suspension orders were issued following a report from deputy commissioner of police (north) Dharmender Kumar Meena to police commissioner Kamal Pant on Tuesday.
According to the report, Parvathamma detained two youths near Goraguntepalya on the night of July 14 while on patrol duty. “One of them was smoking a cigarette and threw it away on seeing the police vehicle. The cops assumed he was consuming drugs and disposed them of on seeing them. He was taken to RMC Yard police station. There, the four cops gave him a cigarette filled with ganja and told him to smoke it,” the gist of the report read.
The youth, who ran a roadside eatery, reportedly refused, but he was told they would set him free if he smoked. After the youth obliged, two constables took him to a hospital and subjected him to a test. The medical report confirmed the consumption of ganja. Subsequently, he was booked and later released on bail.
Upset by the incident, the youth attempted to end his life by consuming poison on July 17. “Fortunately, he recovered swiftly. The news reached us and we held a departmental inquiry,” Meena’s report said.
SI Anjinappa recorded talk with DCP:
On Tuesday, DCP Meena questioned sub-inspector Anjinappa for over 25 minutes inside his chamber. Meena grew suspicious when he saw Anjinappa repeatedly touching the right pocket of his trousers and directed his staff to frisk the SI. They found Anjinappa was recording his conversation with the senior officer by switching on the recorder of his mobile phone; 14 minutes of the talk had been recorded.


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *