1. “He’s my brother, my blood. He annoys the hell out of me most of the time, but when it comes right down to it I want to see him graduate from college and have little annoying mini-Alexes and mini-Brittanys running around in the future”
― Simone Elkeles, Rules of Attraction
2. “Siblings that say they never fight are most definitely hiding something”
― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish
3. Sometimes I quarreled with my brother and sisters, but I couldn’t remember hating anyone for more than five minutes.”
― Gloria Whelan, Summer of the War
4. “That’s the way it is with firstborns. Mom and Dad may think they’re in charge, but the firstborn knows better, and so does the youngest sibling.”
― Kevin Leman, The Firstborn Advantage: Making Your Birth Order Work for You
5. Therefore, Phoebe occasionally found it necessary to push back. After all, it was an older sister’s responsibility to keep her younger brother from behaving like a domineering ass.”
― Lisa Kleypas, Devil’s Daughter
6. “True siblings are bound together by far more essential things than blood, while more times than many blood isn’t thicker than water.”
― Constantina Maud, Hydranos
7. Siblings fight, pull each other’s hair, steal stuff, and accuse each other indiscriminately.
But siblings also know the undeniable fact that they are the same blood, share the same origins, and are family.
Even when they hate each other.
And that tends to put all things in perspective.”
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration
8. “The love between a brother and sister just over a year apart in age held fast. It wasn’t twinship, and it wasn’t romance, but it was more like a passionate loyalty to a dying brand.”
― Meg Wolitzer, The Interestings
9. “Caleb and Tris exchange a look. The skin on his face and on her knuckles is nearly the same colour, purple-blue-green, as if drawn with ink. This is what happens when siblings collide – they injure each other in the same way.”
― Veronica Roth, Allegiant
10. “What brothers say to tease their sisters has nothing to do with what they really think of them.”
― Esther M. Friesner, Nobody’s Princess
11. ‘Will our sisters ever not be, by extension, us?”
― Julia Quinn
12. “What strange creatures brothers are!”
― Jane Austen
13. You can kid the world, but not your sister.
– Sebastian Faulk, Charlotte Gray
14. A brother is a friend given by nature.
– Jean Baptiste Legouve
15. Our brothers & sisters are there with us from the dawn of our personal stories to the inevitable dusk.
– Susan Scarf Merrell
16. “I don’t feel the need to explain my actions to her. I don’t clarify, I don’t doubt, I don’t worry. I don’t tell her everything, not anymore, but I tell her more than anyone else, by far. I tell her as much as I can.”
― Gillian Flynn, Gone Girl
17. Sisters and brothers are the truest, purest forms of love, family and friendship, knowing when to hold you and when to challenge you, but always being a part of you. – Carol Ann Albright Eastman
Raksha Bandhan Mehendi Designs |
Raksha Bandhan Pictures