You are here
Home > News > Delhi >

Noida: Girl taken to quack when she was sinking, key accused held | Noida News – Times of India

Noida: Girl taken to quack when she was sinking, key accused held | Noida News - Times of India

MEERUT/NOIDA: The 15-year-old girl who was brought dead to a Noida hospital earlier this week had spent nine days in the NCR city – in a room at Barola in Sector 49 – since she went missing from her village in open on March 22, police said on Saturday.

The man accused of kidnapping her, a 22-year-old related to the girl’s family through her brother’s in-laws, was arrested on Saturday and police said he had admitted to holding her captive. He worked in Noida and lived in a rented accommodation.
But the police investigation is yet to lift the fog around what caused the girl’s health to fail so drastically. Whether it was repeated sexual assault, which her family has alleged, or breathing problems, which the accused has claimed.
What is clear, though, is that she did not get proper medical treatment. Police said on March 29, the girl was taken by the accused to a Priya hospital in Noida, where they spent just a few hours. From there, they went to a quack, who apparently put her on a glucose drip.
On March 31, when the accused and the quack took her on a bike to Surbhi hospital, doctors there found she had passed away.
The accused was picked up near Vait village, police said. “He said she had gotten sick in captivity. On March 29, when her condition deteriorated, he took her to a hospital in Noida. Not much improved. On March 31, he said he took her to see a doctor again, at another hospital in Noida. This was the hospital where the body was eventually found,” Hapur SP Neeraj Jadaun said.
“The quack, Asif Dutt, has been detained and action will be taken against him too as he is not authorised to treat the patients. Asif was the second person who was seated on the bike on which the accused took the girl to hospital,” Jadaun added.
The girl’s family told TOI the accused had made several visits to their house while they were looking for her. They said police should find out who was with her when the accused was away and whether she was sexually assaulted by others as well. The girl’s sister said there were injuries on her head, neck and feet and her face and lips were swollen.
The girl’s brother told TOI that she wasn’t suffering from any ailment. “She had no history of any medical condition. We suspect she was gang-raped and murdered,” he said.
Jadaun said the accused had denied the involvement of anyone else but could not explain how the girl fell sick. Police are yet to receive the girl’s medical reports from Priya hospital.
An FIR invoking charges of murder, kidnapping and gang-rape has been filed against the accused, five of his family members and the quack.
(The victim’s identity has not been revealed to protect her privacy as per Supreme Court directives on cases related to sexual assault)


Source link

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!