Mumbai rains: Kandivali man electrocuted while moving belongings amid downpour | Mumbai News – Times of India


MUMBAI: A 21-year-old man was electrocuted during Sunday’s torrential downpour at Kandivali East, while he was trying to move his belongings to a safer location.
Ritesh Jha was brought dead at the Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital in Kandivali, doctors informed the police.
Jha lived with his family at Bihari Tekdi in the Poisar area. Between Saturday night and early on Sunday, around six to eight feet of water had accumulated in the area. Jha thus decided to move his belongings out of the house to a safer and dry location.
Between 2 and 3 am, he moved out of the house with his belongings, wading through the water. But as he reached the gully naka, he came into contact with a fully submerged electric box. He suffered an electric shock and was immediately pulled out of the water by his brother and relatives. They rushed him to Surbhi Hospital where doctors suggested he should be moved to the Babasaheb Ambedkar Hospital. But he succumbed to the burns on the way to the hospital.
Police said that his body was sent for an autopsy and a case of accidental death has been recorded.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *