Girl, 18, takes poison after missing online class in Tamil Nadu’s Madurai, dies | Madurai News – Times of India


MADURAI: An 18-year-old college student who consumed poison eight days ago died at the Government Rajaji Hospital on Thursday where she was undergoing treatment. Her mother had told the police that her daughter took the extreme step because she was depressed after missing a day’s online class.
Hailing from Kalvelipatti village near Vadipatti, A Arthi was a second year BCom student at an autonomous college in Madurai. The incident happened on August 12 when her mother had gone to work while her elder sister was also at home. A relative told TOI that Arthi was studious and always among the top two rank holders in the class. She was tensed on the day as there were network connectivity issues and she was complaining about it.
“She consumed a pesticide used for mango trees out of frustration the same afternoon,” special sub inspector (SSI) of police A Chinnasamy said. On learning about the incident, the mother rushed home and took her daughter to a hospital in Alanganallur on a two-wheeler. She was then rushed to Government Rajaji Hospital. She showed good signs of recovery but her health deteriorated on Thursday and died , said Chinnasamy. After post-mortem, her body was handed over to her kin on Friday and the final rites were performed the same day. Alanganallur Police have ruled out any foul play.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *