Covid-19: Noida, Ghaziabad miss vaccination target, inoculate 18,000 | Noida News - Times of India

Covid-19: Noida, Ghaziabad miss vaccination target, inoculate 18,000 | Noida News – Times of India

Delhi

NOIDA/GHAZIABAD: Vaccination drive for 45-plus population was held across 85 centres in Gautam Budh Nagar and 87 centres in Ghaziabad on Tuesday, said officials.
GB Nagar vaccinated a total of 8,605 recipients, including first and second doses for healthcare workers, frontline workers and 60-plus people. In Ghaziabad, 9,597 recipients were vaccinated on Tuesday. Of them, 9,523 were above 45.
The target for the first dose of 45 years and above recipients for Tuesday was set at 10,000 in GB Nagar and 14,000 in Ghaziabad.
“The centres in Gautam Budh Nagar included 43 government and 42 private hospitals. Out of those vaccinated on Tuesday, 7,742 recipients were 45 years and above,” said Dr Neeraj Tyagi, district immunisation officer.
He added that out of the 7,742 people, 5,890 recipients were in the 45-59 age-group while the remaining were in the 60 years and above category. In Ghaziabad, officials said, 65 government hospitals and 22 private hospitals participated in the drive.
About 71% (6,803) of recipients had turned up at the government centres while the remaining 29% (2,794) got the Covid shots at private hospitals.
The recipients, who have taken both doses of Covid vaccine till April 3, will be rewarded throughout the state, including Ghaziabad.
For this, a three-member panel has been constituted under the chairmanship of the district magistrate Ajay Shankar Pandey.
Prizes worth up to Rs 2,000 will be awarded to six beneficiaries on April 10. A similar exercise will be held in Noida
Meanwhile, the GB Nagar district health department asked people to participate in the 15-day special camp to be held from April 8 to 23 to vaccinate special groups such as teachers, lawyers, bank and insurance workers, judges and journalists over 45 years of age.
“A camp will be organised where anyone over 45 from these segments can get vaccinated at the choice of their centre,” said Dr Tyagi.

.



Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *