After report submitted, Kumbh test SIT rejigged | India News – Times of India


HARIDWAR: The Special Investigation Team probing the Kumbh Covid test scam, in which over 1 lakh “fake” Covid tests surfaced, was reshuffled after the three-member panel set up by the Haridwar district administration submitted its report.
Rakesh Rawat, who was supervising the probe, has been asked to leave and will be replaced by Haridwar (city) circle officer Abhay Singh. Investigation officer Rajesh Shah has been transferred to Dehradun. Haridwar SSP Senthil Avoodai Krishna Raj S said the reshuffle was “only done because the investigation officer was up for a transfer.”
The SIT had earlier told TOI that the scam was a “well-planned conspiracy” thought of even before Max Corporate Services got the contract to conduct tests during the Kumbh Mela.
The probe report, meanwhile, said that Max Corporate had forged papers to get its contract, the Mela health department allegedly knew but did nothing about it. “Max filed an expression of interest with Nalwa Labs and Dr Lalchandani Labs to the Mela health department on January 11.But, the affidavits were made four months later in April, not in January,” a source told TOI. “The Mela health department knew but no action was taken.”
Because Max was not an ICMR-recognised testing agency, it had passed on the work on Nalwa and Lalchandani labs. “The CMO’s office, which was supervising the tests, caught the irregularities (it was Nalwa and Lalchandani, and not Max uploading test data) but officials did not take it seriously, the panel found,” the source said. Those from the health department in charge of checking the tests being conducted on-ground also “just collected the data and did not perform their duties, the report said.”





Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *